Friday 13 February 2009

Thailand - Land of Smiles



We've been to Thailand more than a couple of years already. We tried different tastes of food which is not the same from our own native land. It's very different but it taste good when you learn to eat and tried the other delicacies. They even had water cockroaches and the like, it tastes good said my hubby. I didn't try because I'm scared of the look.

What amazed me? Here are some of the tips; if you want to visit:

1. The People are always smiling. We came from a city of smile in Bacolod, Phil. and we're happy that we're going to stay in the "Land of Smiles." Thais are always giving their best smile. Often times you would hear them saying, "Sawatdee kha (krap)," or "Mai pen rai" (which means never mind), when they hit someone and nothing happened. I remember the last time, we stayed at home and watched a movie, then our teenager saw someone bumped our car outside, and nothing happened, so the driver said, "khoothoot" (which means sorry), then my hubby said, mai pen rai krap!

2. The Food are very hot and spicy, not just quite hot but very spicy for us at first. Our kids were crying the first time we came, they can't take it. But they were so glad when we discovered the Thai fried rice, they call it "Khao Pat."( You can choose whether fried rice with chicken(kai), shrimp (kung), or seafood (kaa ley). So our kids always ask for "Khao Pat." Then later our teenager learned to love and eat spicy food. You can find stalls anywhere even in the streets. They will cook for you.

3. The Place is so cozy and livable, you will love to stay here. There are different attractions like, waterfalls, attractive beaches, malls (with promotions) in every occasion, a lot of things to travel and enjoy the beauty of nature.

4. The Shops are everywhere too with varieties like when you want a cheaper ones or the most expensive, you can find it here. But most shops are cheap and affordable. Last time, I was able to buy for 50% less of beauty products. Then I saw a promotion about body reshaping and I look at it. I guess, for those who were curious about it check it out.

My hubby just smile and my teenager just giggle seeing me reading all those stuffs. How I wish I could undergo that kind of thing. But I'm scared, so I just enjoy reading it.

If you want just click and see their promotions. You will enjoy too. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. It's all precious and with great value.

LinkWithin